DHCP with RADIUS MAC Authentication

David W. Hankins dhankins at isc.org
Wed Dec 2 18:25:24 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 05:17:31PM +0100,  Julien TURELLO wrote:
> Now we have customers connected on many technologies, authenticating and
> accounting on one RADIUS server, and we don't want to complicate this
> architecture again...

If you want to key DHCP configuration off of RADIUS attributes, there
is RFC 4014, which allows the DHCP relay agent to insert a Relay Agent
Information Option Sub-Option that contains some RADIUS attributes.

There is no native support for RFC 4014 in any version of ISC DHCP,
but depending on what you're trying to do it may not be hard to use
anyway (provided your relay provides the information...).