using dhcpd with mysql

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Dec 22 21:25:03 UTC 2009

Matt Jenkins wrote:

>If I could use DHCP to read the database this could all be very
>easily automated.

Well you can - you just need a glue layer of query/scripting to
extract data from your config database and build the flat file(s) for
DHCP config and restart the server. You can't get real-time online
updating of the config, but you can generate a new config as often as
required and make it live.

I think what most people do is to script generation of an include
file rather than the whole config, and then use the include statement
to have that read as part of the config.
--
Simon Hobson