DHCPD 4.0.0

Dean, Barry B.Dean at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Feb 10 09:35:01 UTC 2009

> Is your dhcp server authoritative? The default changed from yes to no
> somewhere about 3.0.3 or so, so this would be one difference between
> the two versions.

	Yes it is.

> Also I've had some problems with 4.0.0 on Solaris 10, mostly with
> responding to requests on local subnets. 3.0.x and 3.1.x have been rock
> solid on that platform though.

	My servers are on small subnets with a 255.255.255.248 masks and have no clients on these networks. All queries are forwarded from the VLAN interfaces on our Cisco 6509E and 3750 routers.

	There is nothing in 4.0.0 I *need* at the moment, so if it is possible to downgrade I might be tempted to step back to 3.1.x...