How would I do this?

Sten Carlsen sten at s-carlsen.dk
Wed Feb 11 00:30:13 UTC 2009

Why not use same solution in both cases? I use that at home.

For sit. 1: downloads should continue even if the cable is
inserted/removed in the middle of a download (does for me).

For situation 2: If you use views with bind, the names will resolve
different depending on the user being outside or inside, that way
correct link will always be available.