How would I do this?

Sten Carlsen sten at s-carlsen.dk
Wed Feb 11 08:08:46 UTC 2009

Hi

There can be differences depending on the actual systems used. I use a
MAC, and I use the solution outlined with two host statements and the
same IP address. If I am inside my own network, I can switch by plugging
in or out the cable, I have coverage for WLAN in larger area than I can
find a cable, nothing gets disrupted, not even ongoing downloads.

I assume you want this to work with windows, you need to test for your
setup. Windows may behave differently than my setup; the time it takes
to discover a newly connected interface and the priorities between
interfaces has to be taken into account. Also your geography looks
different, so if you can get to a situation where WLAN coverage
disappears before you can attach a cable, the usual disruptions apply.

Bind provides DNS service and using views allows the inside users to use
internal addresses and external users to use public addresses for the
same servers and services. It seems that you don't need that now. Dhcp
will be able to communicate with bind so name resolution automagically
works, but let us get back to that when/if you need that.