DNS-Server option on INFORM request from host settings overriding subnet settings

Axel Beckert beckert at phys.ethz.ch
Wed Feb 11 16:41:40 UTC 2009

Hi Bernd,

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 04:42:56PM +0100, Bernd Rehling wrote:
> we need for some hosts an individual DNS-server configuration
> as for the subnet and this works fine for REQUEST/ACK communication
> (ISC DHCP Server 4.1.0 on Solaris/Sparc).
>
> Now Windows clients are sending sometimes INFORM request and getting not
> the DNS server information of the host but of the subnet.
>
> How can I set the option "domain-name-servers" in host definition overriding
> the subnet settings ?

We had this problem just a week ago. See the following mail for a
workaround:

https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/2009-February/007920.html

		Kind regards, Axel Beckert
--
Axel Beckert <beckert at phys.ethz.ch>       support: +41 44 633 26 68
IT Services Group, HPT D 17                 voice: +41 44 633 41 89