DHCPd sending lease expiration of 3600 seconds

Jeff Haran jharan at Brocade.COM
Wed Feb 18 00:06:33 UTC 2009

I see something similar with dhcpd 4.0, except that my problem is trying
to get it to assign infinite leases.

Wireshark showed dhcpd assigning long leases (I believe it was the
number of seconds until the Unix Epoch overflows 2^^31 seconds in 2038),
but I could not get it to assign leases of infinite length (all 1s in
the appropriate option value). This keeps the DHCP clients receiving
these leases executing but blocked on a long timeout in select() in
order to start renewing some day in the distant future when they could
otherwise terminate. The problem remains.

I posted to this group, but never got a response.

Jeff Haran
Brocade