host-identifier with IPv6

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Fri Feb 27 16:47:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 15:54 +0100, Marcus Goller wrote:
> I would
> prefer a discussion of what could be done in the WG, instead of going
> for an implementation dependent solution, or at least not only for
> that solution.

	I'ld be happy for that discussion to take place.

	OTOH, back at the coal-face, a configuration option
	which allowed a network operator to force non-standard
	but 'reasonable' behaviour is something I'ld welcome.

	Such a feature has been implemented in BIND, allowing
	toleration of non-standard hostnames.

	/Niall