Match if substring ...

Matej matej at matnet.net
Wed Jan 14 18:05:20 UTC 2009

Hello,

we have a problem where we must differentiate between different values of vendor-class-identifiers and firmware versions for them. The problem is that for every v-c-i there is only one right firmware. The vendor-class-identifiers are for example "Firmware_1" and "Firmware_1b"

The following class "happens" with both firmware versions

class "something" {
   match if ( substring (option vendor_class_identifier, 0, 10) = "Firmware_1")
filename = "blahblah"
}

which isn't what we want. Is there an option of some sort of exclusive or / matching the entire vendor_class_identifier or something like that?

Thank you in advance!

With regards,
Matej Serc
matej at matnet.net