passing values to client

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Sun Jan 11 23:20:39 UTC 2009

Niall O'Reilly wrote:

>  > Then you'll need to configure the client to ask for them. This is in
>>  the client config file where (IIRC) you can specify a custom option
>>  list to be requested.
>
>	IIRC, it should be possible to configure the server to include
>	some additional options in the default option list per client.
>
>	OTOH, since some work is needed client-side, it's probably
>	simpler to keep all the work there.

Yes, you can configure a parameter request list on the server, but it
overrides the client supplied one - I'm not sure if you can tell the
server to "send what the client asks for PLUS these". It **might** be
possible by using an expression and referencing the clients option
request list, perhaps someone else knows ?

--
Simon Hobson