Mapping a MAC to an IP...

Todd Snyder tsnyder at rim.com
Wed Jan 21 15:51:48 UTC 2009

My understanding is that you have to "break" the range to add host
declarations.

This, to me, is the biggest pain I have with DHCP in a a production
environment.  What could be a nice general range declaration, with some
hosts entries turns into a bunch of broken up and hard to dissect range
declarations with hosts declarations sprinkled throughout.  for 5
entries, it's no biggie, but when putting in 50 or 60 hosts into a /24
there are a lot of lines. Multiply that by a few /24's and maintenance
gets to be quite difficult at times.

Todd.