Mapping a MAC to an IP...

Todd Snyder tsnyder at rim.com
Wed Jan 21 16:17:55 UTC 2009

The spot we ran in to this problem the most is on a provisioning network
- there can be 1 or 200 servers being provisioned, and we found it
simplest at times to just make host declarations, but we want the range
for any NEW servers that come in.  Because it's during provisioning
stuff, we don't want the IP to change, so we ended up assigning the
first IP they were given by DHCP as their static IP.  not a great
system, but not something we wanted to fight with, and it just kept
growing and growing and growing, as hack jobs tend to do :)

I will have to give the reservation a shot - thanks!!

Todd.