ISC DHCP server offers fixed IP addresses to ANY device!

Foggi, Nicola NFOGGI at depaul.edu
Thu Jan 29 19:17:33 UTC 2009

> We are about to start using the reserved lease functionality, and
> bumped into this issue. I did not find any public CVS or patches for
> this online, so I wrote my own while waiting. :-)

> It stops the server from crashing, but I am not sure if it's a correct
> fix. Could you have a look at the attached patch?  (I have not tested
> it in a Failover enviroment yet).

we have been running with that same patch for a few months now (in failover mode) and all is stable.. we are also running 3.1.2b1 which solved a failover problem we were having with it saying "Peer hold all free leases", so I'd recommend at least running 3.1.2b1 as we've have found it the most stable, and will be migrating all networks over to it here in the next couple of months...

Nicola