Performance of dhcp fail over protocol

loganathan Govindaraj loganosc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 06:20:36 UTC 2009

Hi

i understand your point i have pasted the dhcp server configuration below
please let me know whether the configs are right

failover peer "failover-dhcp" {
  primary; # declare this to be the primary server
  address 192.168.1.2;
  port 651;
  peer address 192.168.1.3;
  peer port 652;
  max-response-delay 10;
  max-unacked-updates 10;
  load balance max seconds 3;
  mclt 3600;
  split 128;

failover peer "failover-dhcp" {
  secondary; # declare this to be the secondary server
  address 192.168.1.3;
  port 652;
  peer address 192.168.1.2;
  peer port 651;
  max-response-delay 10;
  max-unacked-updates 10;
  load balance max seconds 3

with this the performance of the server is pretty low i mean 1 transaction
/sec .Do we have to modify any configurations

Logan