Shorter mclt times?

Nicholas F Miller Nicholas.Miller at Colorado.EDU
Wed Jul 15 17:06:34 UTC 2009

I'm not trying to be obtuse, but...

...we currently have two dedicated DHCP servers (one is a hot spare)
that are barley taxed. I am at a loss to understand why a short MCLT
would cause us any trouble. Our current DHCP server can/could handle a
large number of clients that may start their leases around the same
time. Why would failover, with a failover partner as powerful as the
primary server, have a problem with a short MCLT?

Nicholas Miller, ITS, University of Colorado at Boulder