How can one run several dhcpd on a single machine?

David W. Hankins dhankins at isc.org
Mon Jun 8 23:23:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 01:01:59PM +0800, michael kapelko wrote:
> As you may know recently I've posted about long dhcpd.conf parsing
> time (https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/2009-May/008905.html).
> I have done as you Glenn suggested, and it took about 27 minutes.

Enclosing all of your leases under 0/0 is an extremely unusual
configuration.

What most people do is declare the subnets individually, and rely
upon the DHCP software to automatically use giaddr to locate
subnets (still searched linearly, so no real change in runtime
performance, but the pools are segregated for 'all pools in this
subnet' searches...these are more numerous than 'all subnets in
this config' searches).

There is no real need to devolve the data into binary-to-ascii.