DHCP messages bombarding console

John Tabasz (jtabasz) jtabasz at cisco.com
Tue Jun 23 17:35:08 UTC 2009

Hi All,

My setup is all statically defined leases with no dynamic pool defined
at all. Every time a lease goes to renewal state, each client is
responded to with a "no free leases" messages. Actually I'm not sure if
the clients are being responded to or if this message just goes to the
console of the dhcp server as well as to syslog.
What can I do to tell the dhcpd to either omit these messages or
redirect to /dev/null, as this is a normal part of our operation.

Thanks,

John