host statement...

E Johnson ej.isc at indicium.org
Mon Mar 2 18:50:24 UTC 2009

Okay, so let me get my facts straight...

In this statement...

# NAS device
host nas001 {
	hardware ethernet 00:08:54:d7:5d:75;
	fixed-address 192.168.2.50;
	}

...the "nas001" would be considered the "uid"?

If this is so, I understand why I am confused because when setting up
the devices they are all calling it a "host" name.

Earlier in this conversation an example was given with this statement
"option host-name", is it giving a assigning a uid to a MAC?

Thanks,
Eric