dhcp and dynamic dns updates

Jeff Haran jharan at Brocade.COM
Tue Mar 3 18:38:55 UTC 2009

For what it's worth, I've seen similar behavior with other servers when
DNS queries were not forthcoming. Some servers will do reverse DNS
lookups (gethostbyaddr()) on the IP addresses they get from clients,
often just for the purpose of logging a host name. Those calls can block
for quite a while when a DNS IP address is configured but the DNS server
is not responding.

Just guessin',

Jeff Haran