DHCPv6 host-identifier, the Never Ending Thread: A Summary

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Mar 4 23:16:54 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 06:05:13PM -0500, Frank Sweetser wrote:
>   - change workflows to accommodate the new DUID feature
>   - modify the DHCP server and relay agent to discover the client MAC
>   - ask the IETF to change the standards going forward

I intend to follow all three paths simultaneously, or at least
investigate all three options and actually try to implement and test
them to some degree before deciding to eliminate any one.

> We now return you to your regular schedule of compilation problems and host
> statements placed inside subnet statements.

You forgot the most frequent one: overlapping fixed-addresses with
range statements :-)