DHCPv6 host-identifier, the Never Ending Thread: A Summary

Marcus Goller mgoller at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 19:20:07 UTC 2009

John,

I agree in general, from a design point of view. I would not be
surprised if some deployments start (ab)using already existing vendor
specific options for their purpose, because it might be easier and gets
the job done, especially if the server already support it. But as
explained in my other email, I might have misunderstood where and when
vendor specific options are preferred.

Thanks for clarifying that again.

Marcus