host-identifier with IPv6

julien jordan julien.jordan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 11:57:50 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm new on the mailing-list and I'm sorry for my english, I'm french :)

I'm just wondering if something like that could work (not in my case but
almost, maybe i'm missing something? ) :

# defining a new option for host-identifier statement, I also tried with
text
option dhcp6.macaddr code 193 = string;

option dhcp6.macaddr = binary-to-ascii(16, 8, ":", suffix(option
dhcp6.client-id, 6));

execute("echo", config-option dhcp6.macaddr); # I received 0:6:1c:45:6:1 so
that works

host toto {

    host-identifier option dhcp6.macaddr "0:6:1c:45:6:1";     #Don't match

   #host-identifier option dhcp6.macaddr "00:06:1c:45:06:01";    #Neither

    fixed-address6 2001::65;

}

I've no errors but it don't seem to work.

If you have some ideas...

Thanks