dynamic dns - omitting duplicate names

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed Mar 25 13:51:41 UTC 2009

Hi Barnaby

I think you could handle this quite simply by creating a class, eg:

# perform dns updates for every client
ddns-update-style interim;

# except those in this class
class "music-players" {
  match if option host-name = "musicplayer";
  ddns-updates off;
}

Alternatively you could assign a new ddns-hostname in the class,
perhaps with a suffix containing part or all of the mac or ip address.

regards,
-glenn