Going into PARTNER-DOWN mode

Johannes Gilger gilger at rz.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Mar 31 09:30:06 UTC 2009

Hi list,

I've just started looking over our failover-setup of two dhcpds
(isc-dhcpd-4.0.0). I've understood the meaning of PARTNER-DOWN and also
discovered that it has to be set manually.

However I can't set PARTNER-DOWN on dhcpd1 when dhcpd2 crashes/vanishes,
which is exactly what I need to do. I followed the advice here [1] and did:

connect
new failover-state
set name = "foo"
open
set local-state = 1
update

Upon which the server only switches into commuication-interrupted but
not into partner-down, which is needed in order to claim the other sides
ip-pool. So, the question: How do I switch into PARTNER-DOWN for the
local host?

Hope I made my problem understood

Greetings,
Jojo