IPv6 router advertisement

Paul Selkirk Paul_Selkirk at isc.org
Tue May 5 19:58:59 UTC 2009

Mihani -

I've confirmed the RA behavior.  radvd is perfectly happy to advertise
a /96 prefix with the A bit set, but the client won't auto-configure
an address.  RFC 4862 doesn't put a limit on the prefix length, but
dmesg reports "IPv6 autoconf: prefix with wrong length 96" (Linux
kernel 2.6.25.17).  Do you feel like hacking the kernel?

I guess it goes back to the question of why you want to do this.

				paul