Failover on a large DHCP system

Nicholas F Miller Nicholas.Miller at Colorado.EDU
Mon May 11 14:55:27 UTC 2009

That was our original thought but after some testing and talk of
omapi's demise and memory leaks I am hesitant to go the omapi route.
 From our testing the changes made via omshell take precedence over
the config even after a restart. This could be a real headache for
trouble shooting. I think the best solution is to continue using
restarts to add and remove hosts from DHCP. I took a more
comprehensive look at our DHCP server and see that we only have around
20,000 active leases during busy times and around 105,000 pool
addresses. From what people have been saying here that isn't all that
large of a load.

Nicholas Miller, ITS, University of Colorado at Boulder