IgnoreBroadcastFlag support on Windows 2008 DHCP Server

Shailesh Joshi shailesh_joshi at persistent.co.in
Fri May 15 13:04:38 UTC 2009

Hello,

We are working on an application that uses DHCP server on Windows 2003/2008 for IP allocation.
For one requirement, we have added IgnoreBroadcastFlag to windows registry, to unicast DHCP responses, as per the following link.

This works fine on Windows 2003.
However, when the IgnoreBroadcastFlag is set to 0 on Windows 2008, we are not getting expected results.

I haven't found any relevant link for Windows 2008.
Is this flag supported on Windows 2008? Is any documentation available for same?

Is there any way to check in the Microsoft DHCP server, to find out exactly where it is failing?
I didn't found any event related to this, in the DHCP server logs.

Any pointers on the same are most welcome.

Thanks and Regards,
Shailesh

DISCLAIMER