4.1.0 bug? Fedora bug? "No subnet declaration for eth0 (10.11.12.1)."

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Sun May 17 04:04:51 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 09:28:27PM +0100, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> > I'm a veteran dhcp user here trying to configure 4.1.0 for the first
> > time from scratch on Fedora 11.  Unless I missed something, this
> > config file should work:
>
> just a very quick stab in the dark....is dhcpd actually
> reading *your* dhcpd.conf - it looks like it just might not be.
>
> run dhcpd specifying your dhcpd.conf (or use strace to see what
> dhcpd.conf file its actually reading!)

Geez...its always the simple things.  Somewhere along the line, Fedora
changed the default location to be /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf, and of course
I had put the configuration in /etc/dhcpd.conf.  Once I moved the file
to the correct location, everything started working fine.

Thanks for the hint!