failover - reserved address

Pavel Mlčoch pavkamlc at gmail.com
Thu May 21 08:22:30 UTC 2009

Sorry for this question, but I don't found any solution for reserved leases in my case. When I use reserved leases, I cannot say which configuration may server sent to client. I'd like create leases file by hand (script), but I must say what subnet or router may be used, because in static IP addresses we have denied client with unknown MAC address and this we have to in leases too. I think the best way is declare two subnets, one with right router for known clients and second with wrong router and another subnet for unknown. Is this setting possible? In man page I don’t found how to configure group and subgroup in leases file (http://www.daemon-systems.org/man/dhcpd.leases.5.html)

Pavel.