To add some filter rules in conf file

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Nov 2 12:17:12 UTC 2009

Ashmath Khan wrote:

>If I have two pool declarations with the range statement having
>overlapping address like:
>pool {
>range 192.168.1.64 192.168.1.253;
>allow members of "rule1";
>}
>
>pool {
>range 192.168.1.111;
>allow members of "rule1-A";
>}
>
>then dhcpd reports error that the lease is already used and so won't launch.
>
>Is there a way to overcome this ? i.,e I want the pools to have
>overlapping addresses.

You really are a glutton for punishment !

pool {
   range 192.168.1.64 192.168.1.110;
   range 192.168.1.112 192.168.1.253;
   allow members of "rule1";
}

pool {
   range 192.168.1.111;
   allow members of "rule1";
   allow members of "rule1-A";
}

I think you can see how that's going to get tricky to maintain if you
try scaling it a lot.

--
Simon Hobson