macos script

Jeremy C. Reed jreed at isc.org
Tue Nov 3 01:44:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Daniel Le wrote:

>> From: Jeremy C. Reed [mailto:jreed at isc.org]
>> Does /bin/bash exist?
>>
>> ls -ld /bin/bash

> Glad that you asked! My Linux platform does not bash shell.
> /etc #ls -ld /bin/bash
> ls: /bin/bash: No such file or directory
>
> It uses BusyBox Ash shell (#!/bin/sh). Is it possible to workaround
> this? I hope I don't have to rewrite dhclient-script.

>From a quick look, I didn't see any BASHisms and it says it is based on
the NetBSD script. (I believe that "Ash" and NetBSD "sh" have similar
lineage, but I don't know about the "BusyBox" version of it.) I assume
#!/bin/sh would be better. Please try that and report if you have any
problems.

Jeremy C. Reed

echo "V'q" hfr ArgOFQ hfreynaq jvgu Yvahk vafgrnq bs OhflObk. | \
 tr "OQVYAFnqrsuvyabefghjkl" "BDILNSadefhilnorstuwxy"