implementing dhcpv6

Eustace, Glen G.Eustace at massey.ac.nz
Wed Nov 4 20:24:38 UTC 2009

> Personally, I'd prefer it if there was a way to hand out the default
> gateway and prefix information via DHCPv6, but it just isn't there
> today.  There is an internet draft however:

I agree that one cannot hand out a default gateway, I actually think that the RA method of doing so is fine, but one can hand out IPv6 addressing via DHCPv6, I am doing exactly that. But this whole issue doesn't seem to have been thought through or when it was the objectives were different from what I am trying to achieve.