MCLT and DHCP Failover

Matt Causey matt.causey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 21:19:06 UTC 2009

I have a question about mclt and failover.  I've been through the man
page and cant seem to find the answer....

We have  very short MCLT on our failover pair.  We do this because we
would like to see clients start getting leases ASAP, and we are less
concerned about the leases integrity.

We had a failover event, where a box was in partner-down for a long
time, and handed out our 300 second lease time to a large number of
clients.  As expected, we have about 1000 clients now with very short
lease times.

Both dhcp servers are healthy now, and communicating.  And, we're
seeing lots of DHCPREQUEST/DHCPACK messages for these leases,
obviously very short.

So, the question....is there anything I can do to cause the clients to
start picking up the configured lease time again?

Thanks!

--
Matt