Assign Fix IP by Option 82

David W. Hankins dhankins at isc.org
Tue Nov 17 00:27:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 10:04:28AM -0700, Jerimiah Cole wrote:
> host {
>   host-identifier option agent.circuit-id "blah";
>   fixed-address 10.10.10.10;
> }

I can never remember if that's the precise syntax, but you have the
right idea.

> ?  If so, how does this compare to class-per-client configuration in terms
> of match performance?

I have not measured; but class matching is basically a linear list,
whereas the host-identifier syntax creates a hash table for each host
identifier source-option, and these are searched linearly.

So I would expect an improvement, but I don't know at what level of
scale the daemon's other CPU burdens are more significant.