[SPAM] About learn ISC DHCP

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed Nov 25 02:03:32 UTC 2009

>Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 09:14:56 +0800 (CST)
>From: syhshanda <syhshanda at 126.com>
>To: "Users of ISC DHCP" <dhcp-users at lists.isc.org>
>Subject: [SPAM] About learn ISC DHCP
>
> Hello,
>   I'm very sorry to interupt you. ISC DHCP is strange for me,but I want
>   to learn it, such as dhcpd programming,would you give me some
>   advices? Thanks for you help!
> Best Wishes!

No problem.

The main documentation that comes with ISC dhcpd is the manual pages.
These can be read using the man command. If you were to print these
manuals out you would get about 100 pages of information.

The suggested reading order is:

man dhcpd
man dhcpd.conf
man dhcp-options
man dhcp-eval

There is also a highly regarded book written a few years ago that
explains dhcpd in a lot more detail. "The DHCP Handbook" by Ralph Droms
and Ted Lemon.

You can get it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/DHCP-Handbook-2nd-Ralph-Droms/dp/0672323273/ref=sr_1_1?ie=
UTF8&s=books&qid=1257174962&sr=8-1