IPv6 DUIDs

Eustace, Glen G.Eustace at massey.ac.nz
Thu Oct 1 19:21:13 UTC 2009

> my main point is if you're going to have a fixed time value, you may as
> well omit the time value entirely and use a DUID-LL rather than the
> default DUID-LLT (DUID's have three distinct formats).

The default for Windows is DUID-LLT. The reason I simply zero'ed the time part was I don't know whether any of the Windows software is expecting to only ever see a 14 byte quantity.

Changing to  DUID-LL is easy to generate. But in the windows context *MAY* have side effects.

Nevertheless I may try it and see.