how to count IPs in use

Randall C Grimshaw rgrimsha at syr.edu
Wed Oct 7 14:12:16 UTC 2009

I tend to look in the log for the lease balance entries

Oct  7 00:20:01 mumble/mumble dhcpd: [ID 702911 local3.info] pool 804d50 8021x total 6210  free 490  backup 390  lts -50

there are some problems with this that make it difficult to automate, but a discerning eye can sort out the chaf. In this case the pool is 6210 with 880 available.... (5330 in use)

Feature request: With the ability to name pools added to the config options this could become very helpful.

Randy