ISC DHCP 4.1.1b3 is now available

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Sun Oct 18 13:14:05 UTC 2009

> ISC DHCP 4.1.1b3 is now available for download.
>
> This is the THIRD BETA of ISC DHCP 4.1.1 which contains a small number
> of bug fixes.
>
> A list of the changes in this release has been appended to the end
> of this message.  For a complete list of changes from any previous
> release, please consult the RELNOTES file within the source
> distribution, or on our website:

DHCP 4.1.1b3 is running great here on a FreeBSD 7.2 based failover
pair, around 100k active leases. Stable, no obvious memory leaks, no
crashes.

It would be good to get the following minor patch into the 4.1.1
release version:

https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/2009-August/009668.html

It is purely a textual correction of two error messages, no functional
change.

On my wish list is also being able to run with USE_SOCKETS through
./configure - but that is probably a bit more work. My reasons for
using this is that *all* my clients are connected via DHCP relay
agents (thus no broadcast handling needed), and that I need to run
several dhcpd processes on the same physical server.

(Actually, to *really* do this properly one would also need to bind
the OMAPI address to something other than INADDR_ANY, which is not
directly handled by USE_SOCKETS.)

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no