List objects in OMAPI

Shawn Holland sholland at sandara.ca
Mon Sep 14 21:22:07 UTC 2009

I've asked this question as well, from what I've been told it is nearly
impossible.

>From my understanding you are creating local objects with the new
statement, and when you type open it attempts to retrieve the remote
object based on the name you set or ip-address .. etc.

>From what I have read and have been told there is no direct way to
retrieve remote objects without creating them locally first, so unless
you know all the remote objects to create locally then you can't list
the remote ones.

Perhaps you could create some sort of expect script that cycles through
blocks of IP's.. or you could look at parsing the dhcpd.leases file.

I personally manage all my leases via sql and use OMSHELL/PERL to
create / modify / remove them.

Hope someone has a better answer for you, because I would like one too
if its possible.

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 16:16 -0400, Norman Elton wrote:
> I can query a single object over OMAPI by using the "open" command.
> But is there any way to retrieve a list of all the defined hosts (or
> leases... etc)?
>
> Thanks
>
> Norman
Regards,