DHCPv6 client not able to get the address

David W. Hankins dhankins at isc.org
Thu Apr 1 18:44:29 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 07:31:58AM -0500, Kunal Sharma wrote:
> I'm new to ISC and have recently started using DHCPv6 as a part of a project to migrate to IPv6. I have setup a dhcp server and client in my setup. When I use the dhclient to pull out an IP from the server, I can see the request and reply messages on the server. But I don't see (through ifconfig) my client interface getting the IP that server offers. Here's the tcpdump log from the server -

Check and make sure your dhclient-script has the IPv6 bits.  We do not
currently try to install a dhclient-script from the source package for
various reasons, so you are probably using your system's dhclient-
script from DHCP-3.

--
David W. Hankins	BIND 10 needs more DHCP voices.
Software Engineer		There just aren't enough in our heads.