failover timeout

Ausmus, Matt mausmus at chapman.edu
Fri Apr 9 18:30:08 UTC 2010

Glenn,

Thank you for the response about how "partner-down" state works.  This
was one of the last questions I've been trying to find in the draft
document for dhcpd failover.  We're in the testing phase and getting
ready to rollout failover campus-wide and I like to have a full
knowledge of how systems work before rolling something out so I can
troubleshoot it effectively and know when it is working as intended.
I've also been translating how dhcpd failover works into plain English
for our internal wiki.  We document how how and why we configure devices
the way we do and also how processes work for whoever inherits our
network when or if we leave.  There's nothing worse than looking at how
something is setup and wondering what the psycho that set this up was
thinking about.

Again, thanks.

Matt Ausmus
Network Administrator
Chapman University
635 West Palm Street
Orange, CA  92868
(714)628-2738
mausmus at chapman.edu

"What the gods get away with, the cows don't."
-THE AQUINAS AXIOM