Interference between multiple DHCP instances on the same server

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Apr 29 04:47:21 UTC 2010

If the two interfaces are on the same subnet it shouldn't matter which
interface they send their responses out. This is a function of the
kernel's network stack and is outside the control of dhcpd.

Use of server-identifier should tell the clients to send their response
back to that particular server ip, rather than the source IP of the
packet. I would assume that you have different IPs on the two interfaces.

Apart from observing the traffic, are there any errors reported, or
dhcpd not functioning correctly?

regards,
-glenn