Log generation for MAC reserved DHCP address

schilling schilling2006 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 12:33:23 UTC 2010

Edit the lease file is not a good option for us.

Is there any other way?

We did not put the reserved IP address in the dynamic pool, so other
DHCP client in the same network will not be able to obtain this IP
address. But we still want this static reserved DHCP to go through the
normal lease cycle, so we could have a audit trail for troubleshooting
and accounting purpose.

Thanks,

Schilling