pxe with bladelogic

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Aug 12 10:54:40 UTC 2010

On 08/12/10 01:41, Tom Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anyone experience with bladelogic and know how the config for a given subnet in dhcpd should look like in order to let the PXE clients find their bladelogic-server?
>
> Tom.

Hi Tom

This is not bladelogic specific, but generic PXE. You need to look at
the bladelogic doco to see what needs to be set for the filename.
Next-server gives the address of the tftp server. If there is a specific
option that you need to set, then it should be set in this class too.
There is no specific definition needed in the subnet, as the class
supplies all the PXE config to all clients who are doing a PXE boot.

# Option definitions for PXE
option space PXE code width 1 length width 1 hash size 3;
option PXE.mtftp-ip code 1 = ip-address;

# PXE boots for x86 boxes
class "PXE" {
   match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) = "PXEClient";
   next-server tftp.example.com.au;
   filename "pxegrub.I86PC.Solaris_10-1";
   # 10 minutes should be long enough for PXE
   max-lease-time 600;

   # don't use multicast tftp option, may not need this
   vendor-option-space PXE;
   option PXE.mtftp-ip 0.0.0.0;

-glenn