Multiple dhcrelay setup causing multiple duplicate DHCP requests

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 06:54:08 UTC 2010

Michael Hodgkinson wrote:

>I think you are correct in regards to this. The relay agent needs to be
>more intelligent about what it does and doesn't relay. Perhaps only
>intercepting and relaying broadcasts.

I think the fundamental issue is that the relay agent was written a
looooong time ago - and back then networks tended to be a lot less
adventurous. In a way I suppose it's the Cinderella of the bundle and
it probably won't get improved unless someone takes on the work or
sponsors it.

--
Simon Hobson