omapi errors still persist with 4.2.0-P2

crjw crjw at irisnet.ca
Tue Dec 21 18:20:54 UTC 2010

OMAPI is still broken with 4.2.0-P2.
When I try and connect to the server using "omshell"  or "Net::ISC::DHCPd::OMAPI" I receive the following error:

         "dhcpctl_connect: operation in progress"

I happen to be running the DHCP server on a Solaris box, but I know others have had this same problem when using Linux.
Has anybody managed to get OMAPI to work with any of the 4.2.0.X releases?
I understand there is a reluctance to support OMAPI, but unfortunately there is nothing else that will provide the same functionality.

-crjw