Re: Check Relay Agent IP address

Billy Ng mondeo1055 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 3 04:38:33 UTC 2010

Hi Glenn,

I've a address pool 192.168.1.x which contain 200 ip addresses. When I generated over 200 dhcp request (say 210) in this VLAN (relay agent IP = 192.168.1.254), all the addresses in this pool is used and the other address also being used (192.168.2.x).

How could I prevent this problem?

Best Regards,
Billy

________________________________
寄件人﹕ Glenn Satchell <glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au>
收件人﹕ Users of ISC DHCP <dhcp-users at lists.isc.org>
傳送日期﹕ 2010/2/3 (三) 12:20:34 PM
主題: Re: Check Relay Agent IP address

Hi Billy

The dhcp server does this automatically. If a request comes in from a remote subnet, the dhcp relay agent adds in the gateway address as it forwards the packet. The dhcp server looks at this gateway address and automatically matches it with a subnet declaration for you.

There is no special dhcpd.conf configuration required. A subnet declaration is the same whether it is a locally attached or remote network.

regards,
-glenn

      Yahoo!香港提供網上安全攻略,教你如何防範黑客! 請前往 http://hk.promo.yahoo.com/security/ 了解更多!