dhclient -6 and router advertisement M/O bits

David W. Hankins dhankins at isc.org
Wed Feb 3 23:44:47 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 10:12:09AM -0500, adrian mamolea wrote:
> I failed to find an rtsold implementation for Linux.

Linux' is integrated into the kernel, you can try looking in /proc.

> Should I understand that you suggest to disable RA based autoconfiguration
> in Linux (sysctl) and port rtsold from *BSD?

Well, what I do is I just run dhclient -6 anyway, all the time, since
RA flags are not that reliable anyway.

But no, I wasn't specifically thinking of porting any BSD's rtsold,
just speaking generically to be careful your particular device
performing that function is well suited.