lease length

Jeff Haran jharan at Brocade.COM
Thu Feb 4 01:56:32 UTC 2010

Aha! I stand corrected. I was looking in the wrong RFC.

I reported this same issue to this email list over a year ago:

https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/2008-December/007539.html

I had assumed from the responses that infinite lease times were not an option according to the protocol, but it now seems that they are.

So my question in the original post from 2008 remains.

How does one configure dhcpd to offer infinite leases?

Thanks,

Jeff Haran
Brocade Communications