Address from wrong pool

Siegenthaler Tina tina at ieu.uzh.ch
Fri Feb 5 14:31:11 UTC 2010

>   I may be off base on your intention, but we have lots of notebooks
> that need fixed addresses on some networks and dynamic on others.
> I never worried.  I assign the fixed addresses in the host
> declaration.
> Some even appear in multiple groups to get different options.  The ISC
> DHCP daemon assigns the correct address depending on the network, and
> if none of the fixed-addresses apply to the network the DISCOVER has
> come from, it gets one from a permitted dynamic pool in the network.
>
>   group {
>      option ...
>      host nb0074 {
>         hardware ethernet 00:21:86:12:1f:24;
>         fixed-address 10.24.100.39, 10.25.45.234;
>      }
>      host ...

Thanks, we have tried that, but then it won't be logged when a client
gets a fixed "lease", since it's not actually a lease. And we'd like
to have it logged when a client pulls an address, no matter if it's a
fixed one or one that is dynamically assigned. It's handy for
troubleshooting...

Well, if there's another possibility to get a log message when fixed
addresses are assigned, that would be an option, but from what I've
seen on this list this is not sooo trivial?

Tina